The Konjac sponge, now that’s a funny sounding name right? Here in this review I will share my experience using this sponge with this weird name and add another review in ‘s Review collection.
What is Konjac Sponge?
When I first came across this I didn’t know what to make of it, it was something I hadn’t heard of before. That made me start wondering what is Konjac? Konjac sponge is made from the vegetable fiber of a plant (Konjac potato) along with French clays. The black variant contains pure charcoal from bamboo and is for people with oily skin or someone who is prone to spots, blackheads and outbreaks.
- Gently exfoliates i order to bring back the skin’s natural glow
- Kills the bacteria causing acne
- Effectively balances the skin’s PH
- Moisturizes the skin naturally
- Extra softness and ideal for sensitive and delicate skin
Ingredients: Pure vegetable fiber, bamboo charcoal and French clays.
Why is this better? 100% Natural, Pure & Biodegradable.
Types: Konjac sponge comes in various types suitable for different skin tones.
- Red Sponge – French red clay for dry skin and mature skin
- Green Sponge – French green clay for oily and combination skin
- Pink Sponge – French rose clay for skin tired, dehydrated and sensitive skin
- White Konjac Sponge – Made with pure konjac (without additives) for all skin types
- Black Konjac Sponge – With bamboo charcoal for young skin prone to acne and blemishes.
How to use: Just wet the dry sponge under warm water it is completely soaked and feel soft. Squeeze out the excess water and simply use the sponge moving in circular motions to cleanse and exfoliate your face. You can add a bit of your cleanser and use with the sponge. Rinse and hang air dry after use.
Life: For best results, replace your Konjac sponge every 2-3 months.
My Personal Konjac Sponge Review / Experience
I picked up the black konjac sponge, which comes with bamboo charcoal. I have oily skin and this is perfect for it. The sponge feels a bit rough when its dry, to use it just run the sponge under warm water until it feels soft. Rub the sponge in circular motion and feel your skin turn soft with regular use. I have used this with cleaner, without cleanser and after using a cleanser, and my face has felt soft every time after. You need to use this regularly if you want your face to feel smooth. On days I use this, my face doesn’t get oily quickly. The sponge is very soft and flexible. It comes with a string attached to it to make it easy to hang dry. On the downside, this is not easily available. I picked this up online. It also needs to be replaced every 2-3 months max. Overall, this is an amazing product and is way better considering that it is all-natural. I have already purchased any variant to try out.The Good
- Makes the face smooth
- Sponge is very soft and flexible
- Cleanses face well
- Reduces excess oil secretion
- Acts as a mild scrub.
- Short usage life; Needs to be replaced every 2-3 months max
- Availability is an issue
- Needs to be air dried after every use.
Would I repurchase this? Yes, I already have.
Final Thoughts: This is an all-natural sponge, which is very gentle on the skin. It acts as a mild exfoliant and regular use makes the skin soft. It is available in various variants suitable for different skin types. Apart from the short shelf life and availability issue this is a great product.
Best Konjac Sponges to Buy:
These are the 2 best-selling Konjac Sponges available online. They are both reliable and have great customer reviews. I purchased the Art Natural’s one and I am very satisfied.
I hope you enjoyed my review and if you decide to buy this product remember to order the right one for your skin type.