Best Homemade Lip Balm Recipes
Our lips need special protection throughout the year and should be hydrated properly, even in summer. These 2 homemade lip balm recipes are ideal for this season and here you could find the lip balm that can also protect your lips from the sun. Let’s see how to make lip balm:
1. Homemade Lip Balm Recipe With Green Tea
What You will need:
- 60g. ethereal Green Tea Oil
- 8g. beeswax
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons of zinc oxide powder
What you need to do
Blend the green tea oil with beeswax and warm the mixture over medium heat until the wax melts.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the honey, avocado oil and 2 teaspoons of zinc oxide.
Mix the mixture well. For best results, use a mixer.
Your lip balm is ready and you can place it in a jar and always keep it with you.
2.Homemade Lip Balm Recipe With Coconut Oil
I know you can do this using Vaseline but I personally don’t like Vaseline it doesn’t do anything to my lips, I have seen tutorials where they melt the Vaseline and add it to Shea butter etc but I didn’t.
What you will need
- Pure Coconut Oil
- Pure Shea Butter
- Beeswax pellets
- Lipstick of your choice *Optional
- Small container
What you need to do
1. You need to take a table spoon and I scrapped out 2 table spoons of pure coconut oil and added to the bowl.
2. You also need to take the same soon and scrape out 2 table spoons of the pure Shea Butter and add to the bowl.
3. With the same spoon I then added one table spoon of beeswax pellet’s and added them to the bowl.
4. I added the bowl to the pan of boiling water and mixed until melted.
5. Once melted I took the boil out of the pan and then added desired lipstick amount to the bowl (I added all of it as I wanted to use it up) and mixed until it became totally melted. The lipstick melted from the heat from the butters.
6. Added he mixture to the little lip balm pots. The amount I used filled 7 little pots, if you only one want you can adjust the ingredients. I eye ball my ingredients as I don’t have scales.
The coconut oil and the Shea butter moisturise the lips and the Lipstick gives the lip balm a nice wash of color.
http://thebeautytonic.com/how-to-make-lip-balm/http://thebeautytonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/homemade-lip-balm.jpghttp://thebeautytonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/homemade-lip-balm-150x150.jpgBeauty RecipesOur lips need special protection throughout the year and should be hydrated properly, even in summer. These 2 homemade lip balm recipes are ideal for this season and here you could find the lip balm that can also protect your lips from the sun. Let's see how to make lip...EstelleEstelle Aptidouthebeautytonic@gmail.comAdministratorI have studied aesthetic and cosmetology and I am a beautician with a great passion for health and beauty. As human beings we have to take care of our inner and our outer beauty to be completely beautiful !The Beauty Tonic