How to Make Beeswax – Reasons to Use it
Beeswax is something that should be in every house. This gift of nature has many properties. Here are some reasons to use beeswax :
- Beeswax has softening properties and is highly moisturizing. This helps the skin to have a smooth and elastic structure, giving the essential moisture needed
- Contains antibiotic and antiseptic agents and exhibits therapeutic activity. The keraloifi therefore, is particularly effective on skin exhibiting acne, rashes and pimples.
- The beeswax is also known for the anti-inflammatory substances it contains. It is therefore very healing and helps in the treatment of skin wounds, eczema and each type of skin disease.
- In combination with the oil contained in beeswax, products are generated on the skin which are very rich in antioxidants and vitamins and nourishes the skin, enhance elasticity and replenish valuable lipids of the skin.
- Beeswax and all natural cosmetics containing wax and oil (or other oils such as almond oil) and contain no water in their composition, require no added preservative or chemical to preserve them. They are therefore the ultimate natural product with ingredients that are given to us as gifts by nature.
- Beeswax, is widely known for its excellent anti-aging action. Since beeswax is highly moisturizing and healing, it provides our skin the necessary moisture that is lost over the years, causing skin dehydration and wrinkles. Also, the healing action smoothes the signs of time and gives our skin its lost luster.
You can buy beeswax from shops with creams or biological products or the Internet. Or you can make it yourself by reading our homemade beeswax recipe:
Homemade Beeswax Ointment Recipe:
It is the simplest ointment you will ever make. I personally believe that beeswax must be present in each and every house and be used in each case instead of commercial ointments. From simple hydration and skin care to chapped lips and rash and complicated skin to sores, ulcers, burns and infections. It has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, soothing, healing, moisturizing and emollient properties. Applied all over the body without limitation, is very beneficial, easy to manufacture and cost very little money.
The basic recipe is as follows:
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
We use a grated on the beeswax to rub it.
We melt it in an ovenproof dish, always in a bain marie, add olive oil and mix until the mixture become homogeneous.
Withdraw the mixture from the heat and place it in a sterile jar. Allow it to cool and become solid and it is ready for use.
Neither blow nor thermometers or emulsifiers, or anything else complicated.
Beeswax can be found in stores packed in the form of granules or drops. I do not recommend this form. This form is usually not pure and contains paraffin. The ideal is to find a trusted beekeeper and to obtain your beeswax him. You will understand the difference between the two types of wax with a “sniff”. Pure beeswax smells honey, standardized beeswax smells like candle. Always use organic, extra virgin olive oil.
Basic recipe and variations
The variations are endless. Many use St.Johnswort oil instead of olive oil, others add essential oils and herbal extracts, others make combinations of oils and butters, others put honey and vitamins and so forth. The basic recipe is the one that I gave you above. Start with this and you can experiment with other materials later, according to your skin needs.
Beware of the dosages. If you put more oil you will get ointment with finer texture, but will leave a strong greasy skin. If you put more wax it will become very compact and it will be difficult to implement. Currently there are many other beeswax recipes, others with 3 tablespoons of beeswax, which make the beeswax like a brick and practically impossible to spread on the skin, others with 100-150ml olive oil, to make it a little more thick than the neat oil. Do not bother to try them. I tried them all and threw them straight into the trash.
http://thebeautytonic.com/how-to-make-beeswax/http://thebeautytonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/beeswax-horizon.jpghttp://thebeautytonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/beeswax-horizon-150x150.jpgBeauty RecipesBeeswax is something that should be in every house. This gift of nature has many properties. Here are some reasons to use beeswax : Beeswax has softening properties and is highly moisturizing. This helps the skin to have a smooth and elastic structure, giving the essential moisture needed Contains...EstelleEstelle Aptidouthebeautytonic@gmail.comAdministratorI have studied aesthetic and cosmetology and I am a beautician with a great passion for health and beauty. As human beings we have to take care of our inner and our outer beauty to be completely beautiful !The Beauty Tonic