The Do’s and Don’ts of Wearing False Lashes
Not everyone is blessed with naturally thick eyelashes. While there are a few ways to , there’s no overnight solution except false lashes. Falsies can work wonders in creating the illusion of thicker lashes. They help you achieve that effortless no-make-up look that so many women crave to get. However, you may get several things wrong if you’re new to the world of false lashes. So here are a few do’s and don’ts that will guide you in perfecting false lashes.
- Wear them for the right occasion. Falsies are perfect for wear when you’re dressing up for an evening event. Elegant dinner parties and nightclub parties call for thicker and longer lashes. You could even wear them when you’re dressing up in a costume for Halloween or some other costume party.
- Go for a more natural pair if you’re wearing it for a daytime event.
- Pick a pair that complements the shape of your eyes. If you have smaller eyes, you could get individual lashes that can be applied at the ends of your natural lashes.
- Pick a pair that looks natural and only a bit longer than your real lashes, unless you’re trying to go for a dramatic look.
Image Source: YouTube
- Wrap them around a mascara tube before putting them on. This will create a more natural and curled look.
- Trim the lashes to suit the size of your eyes. This will help in creating a more natural look.
- Try cutting them into little pieces instead of using an entire strip. You can also buy ones that are already separated to get more length and volume while looking natural.
- Apply the glue in dots across your eyelids. It may be too excessive if you apply the glue in a straight line.
- Wait for a few seconds so that the glue becomes tacky and the lashes stick more easily. Some lash adhesives may be slippery just after you apply them, causing your falsies to slip off the lash line.
- Use tweezers to carefully place the lashes across your eyelids and use the end to press them down against the lash line.
- First press the lashes down at the center and then on the sides.
- Add liquid liner to make your falsies look more natural and blended to your real lashes.
Image Source: YouTube
- Use mini lashes on the bottom lash line to create a more dramatic look.
- Reuse your falsies. Clean them properly with a bit of alcohol before storing them away. You can dip them in a bowl of alcohol for a couple of minutes. Otherwise, you can also brush the alcohol through them using a clean mascara brush.
- Learn how to store them so you can take them everywhere without damaging them. If you have multiple pairs, look for a box organizer with separate chambers for each pair.
- Use false lashes that are too thick and bold for your eyes. Customize them by cutting the ends according to the size of your eyes.
- Be in a hurry. You may end up making a mistake if you’re too quick with your application.
- Wait too long to apply them after applying the glue to your eyelids. The glue needs to be sticky; not solid.
- Forget to put mascara after your apply your falsies. Mascara will blend them perfectly with your natural lashes.
- Just pull them off. It’s best to remove false lashes using an oil-based make-up remover. You can also use coconut oil for this. Add some of it on a cotton pad and gently separate the falsies from the lash line. The make-up remover will also work in removing the remaining glue from your eyelids.
- Use them while you have irritated or infected eyes. It’s never a good idea to compromise on the safety and health of your eyes even for the sake of beauty.
Now you know some of the basic rules of wearing false lashes and how to care for them. Don’t forget to keep practicing till you can perfect the art of applying falsies. You can get a small starter kit with extra lashes for this. Now get started with applying false lashes and enjoy looking fantastic.
Brandon Leibowitz is a seasoned writer for global thrift retailers, Savers and Value Village. He is a frequent contributor to blogs such as Social Media Examiner, Businesss 2 Community and several others. Brandon is recognized as a strong social media influencer due to his knowledge of and dedication to the industry.
Social Profile:http://thebeautytonic.com/dos-donts-wearing-false-lashes/http://thebeautytonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/false-eyelashes-1-1024x684.jpghttp://thebeautytonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/false-eyelashes-1-150x150.jpgMake UpNot everyone is blessed with naturally thick eyelashes. While there are a few ways to make your eyelashes thicker, there’s no overnight solution except false lashes. Falsies can work wonders in creating the illusion of thicker lashes. They help you achieve that effortless no-make-up look that so many women...EstelleEstelle Aptidouthebeautytonic@gmail.comAdministratorI have studied aesthetic and cosmetology and I am a beautician with a great passion for health and beauty. As human beings we have to take care of our inner and our outer beauty to be completely beautiful !The Beauty Tonic