Best Epilator to Use in 2016 Reviews
We strongly believe that hair removal using one of the best epilator models (“epilating”) is the perfect hair removal technique for women. Laser hair removal is also a very effective method but much more expensive. If you think you want to give laser hair removal a try take a look at our article about . About epilation now, nowadays there are a lot of epilator models in the market to choose from and it may be a tedious task to pick up the one that best suits your needs and your skin type.
The most effective way to find the best epilator in 2016 for hair removal would be to try several models and compare them about how they perform on your skin type and preference. Something like this of course would be very expensive. But don’t worry, you are lucky to have landed on our article 🙂 presents you the best epilator reviews for 2016 so you just have to sit back, relax, browse and find your ideal one today. Here is a list with our epilator reviews:
|Cordless + Shaver||*****||$$$ ()|
Best Epilator Reviews and Characteristics
Braun Silk Epil 9
This is considered to be the best epilator currently available in the market and it easily wins the #1 spot in our epilator reviews. It is cordless and can be used either dry or wet and has a bunch of features that make it slightly better than the other models. Here are some of its features:
Braun Silk Epil 9 Characteristics
- It has a pivoting/ moving head that makes epilating a lot easier for you.
- High frequency massager that stimulates the skin and help to reduce any pain or discomfort
- A light that helps you find any of these tiny hairs that are hard to see.
- 40 tweezers technology that
- 5 caps included to make sure you can use it comfortable on any area of the body.
Compared to the Silk Epil 7 model it offers 40% wider epilation head that can cover more skin offering a faster epilation process.
This is The Beauty Tonic’s recommended choice for high end models. It is a bit pricey but it is also a high-quality model.
Braun Silk-Epil 7 Wet and Dry
Braun Silk-Epil 7 Wet and Dry is considered to be one of the best epilating devices available in the market today and deserves have the second spot in our list. It is considered a classic model. A top-class product, it is specially designed to be used in the bath or the shower in order to have more gentle results. It is ideal to remove smaller hair than other models, so you can be more aggressive when stray hairs start to grow back. This device is very comfortable to use before or during your shower but it would not have great results just after the shower (damp). If you use it under running water any discomfort will be minimized and you will feel less pain.
- 40 Close-grip tweezers to provide the best hair removal even for the shorter hairs.
- It can remove hairs fine as 0.5 mm from the root.
- It contains 5 attachments, a trimmer cap, a shaver head, a facial cap, a sensitive area cap and an efficiency cap in order to be able to use it effectively in different body areas.
- It can be used cordless to provide more comfort.
Philips HP6401 Satinelle
Philips HP5401 Satinelle Epilator is a device that comes in a very affordable price and this is why it does not include all the attachments and extras that other models may have. Besides that, it gets the job perfectly done regarding the basic function needed of a machine like this – Hair Removal. It has a unique design with an ergonomic handle that perfectly fits the palm of your hand and helps you to avoid any unpleasant cuts or any discomfort. The downside of this model is that it does not work cordless like the Braun model. However, if you want to choose a safe solution for apilation at home this could be the best affordable epilator model for you.
- Efficiency cap in order to provide gentle epilation even on the most sensitive skin areas.
- Hygiene epilation head that is washable
- 2 – speed settings
- Ergonomic grip
— In a little higher price you can find the same characteristics using another Philips epilator device. That way you can enjoy the benefits of wet and dry cordless epilation. This model is Philips HP6520/70 Satin Soft Cordless and can provide you excellent value for money.
Philips Hp6520/70 Satin Soft Cordless
The characteristics of this model are exactly the same as Philips Hp6401 Satinelle but this model is cordless and can be easily used in your shower. If you prefer this flexibility it would be best to pay the small price difference and enjoy this extra benefit. From the other hand, if you don’t intend to use it that way there is no reason to purchase the cordless model.
This model is truly a beast!In terms of power, it is the best epilator model in the market today, leaving competition way back. It is truly very powerful, having 72 tweezers that can remove your hair fast like a lightning strike. It could take you less than 10 minutes to do both your legs. You may feel some pain the first couple of times, especially if you are not used to epilation, but if you are looking for a reliable, powerful and fast result this would be the ideal machine to use. The downside of this excellent and powerful device is that it is not cordless. It needs to be plugged because it consumes a lot of energy to be so strong.
- 72 tweezer heads
- It has a patented glide technology.
- Features Silver Ion Technology
- Middle lifting fingers that are used to lift the short and flat hairs.
Panasonic ES-ED90-P Ladies Wet and Dry Epilator/Shaver
This is a 2 in 1 model from Panasonic that can be used both as a shaver and an epilator. It has a beautiful and ergonomic design that fits well in your hand, it is cordless and very fast. It comes including a shaver head so you can use it for shaving too and a variety of different epilation caps to make it fit your desired area of body. This is what it makes it ideal as a facial epilator. It is waterproof and can be used under the shower with ease. Overall it is a great device that can work very efficiently. The downside is that it may be a bit noisy (this is not a problem for me) and the battery lasts only around 30-40 minutes.
- 48 Rotating Tweezers.
- 60 degree head
- Hypo-allergenic nickel-free blade providing clean and safe shave.
- 6 attachments: epilation beginner cap, epilation head, epilation gentle cap, shaver head, bikini cap, foot care head.
Remington Smooth and Silky Full Size
This beautifully designed model from Remington comes in 2 speeds, one for coarse and one for fine hair. It has 42 tweezers and the epilation performed is quite fast. It gets the job done right and it has very good results used on coarse hair, especially on body areas such as bikini and underarms. It is a descent choice that can be used very comfortable having a nice curved epilation head.
- 2 Speeds
- 42 Tweezers
- Curved Head
- Cleaning brush included – Protective cap
- 2 years warranty
Epilady EP-810-33A Legend 4 Full-Size Rechargeable
Last but not least, we could not leave outside our review of best epilators for 2016 the new Epilady device. Epilady is a brand well known in the market, manufacturing epilators from ’80. This is why this model is a trusted and safe solution. It has a nice and quiet head having a perfect angle to help you have the best results. It can be used corded or cordless and the best thing about it is that the users of this product claim that it has the lowest pain possible for an epilator device. That means it is a great choice for beginners. Choose this if you want a safe and trusted choice.
- Cordless or Corded use.
- 2 operating speeds
- Perfect angle guide included
- 1 year warranty
How Can You Make Your Epilation Less Painful?
So you have read our epilator reviews and you have chosen the best epilator for your needs as a first time user. Here are some advice in order to make your epilation experience less painful and enjoy the benefits of this hair removal method having the least possible discomfort.
1. Use Lidocaine Creams There are numbing creams or lidocaine creams that can numb some areas of the body and make you feel no pain at all. The experience will be just like shaving.
If you do not like the idea of using lidocaine or numbing creams here are some tips and tricks to help you reduce the pain:
2.Take a shower first A shower opens your pores and makes the hair come out more easier. If you have a dry model take a shower first, but if you have a wet & dry device, jump in the shower with your favorite device on hand.
3. Use a wet & dry epilator,one of the best epilator devices that we have presented above.
4. Exfoliate Exfoliation is one step before the epilation. If you make a proper exfoliation all the dead skin cells are removed and the number of ingrown hairs you are going to have are minimized. If you continue to exfoliate daily you will have no ingrown hair at all. Exfoliation will help you greatly in order to minimize any pain caused.
Tips While Epilating
There are also some tips you can apply while epilating that will help you have a more convenient experience and reduce the pain.
- First of all, for an effective epilation you should try and keep your hairs having an equal length. This can be easily achieved if you regularly perform epilation every 1-2 weeks.
- Secondly, try to hold your skin taut during the process. The tweezers have less chance to pinch you if your skin is tight. Also, when the skin is tight it tends to lift the hair so the epilator can catch it easier. For example, when you epilate your underarms, you could raise your arm behind your head as much as you can in order to be tight.
- If your device has speed settings using the faster speed will make you have more efficient and faster results. There are some devices we have reviewed above that have dual speed. Of course it would be better to start with a slow setting and get to the faster one when you feel like you are more comfortable with the process.
- Cooling pads could help to reduce the pain. A cooling pad should be used after the process in order to soothe any pain.
After the first couple of sessions you will notice that the pain will be reduced and after the first couple of weeks you will not feel any discomfort or pain at all. I strongly believe that using one of the best epilators for women presented above you will find that epilation is the most affordable and successful hair removal method that exists. I hope you enjoyed this epilator reviews article and found the information you were looking for 🙂
http://thebeautytonic.com/best-epilator-reviews/Best Epilator 2016 Reviewshttp://thebeautytonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/best-epilators-2015-1024x603.jpghttp://thebeautytonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/best-epilators-2015-150x150.jpgProduct ReviewsWe strongly believe that hair removal using one of the best epilator models ('epilating') is the perfect hair removal technique for women. Laser hair removal is also a very effective method but much more expensive. If you think you want to give laser hair removal a try take a look at...EstelleEstelle Aptidouthebeautytonic@gmail.comAdministratorI have studied aesthetic and cosmetology and I am a beautician with a great passion for health and beauty. As human beings we have to take care of our inner and our outer beauty to be completely beautiful !The Beauty Tonic